ISTQB Specialist/Test Automation Engineer
The ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate Course is a three-day course developing the skills of a test automation engineer (TAE) in designing, developing, and maintaining test automation solutions. The course prepares you to take ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer Certificate exam.
An Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer can:
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process.
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.
This 3-day course is appropriate for professionals in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, software developers, and anyone wishing to gain the ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer certificate. This course may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software test automation, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
The certification is aimed at professionals who are working within a tool supported software testing environment. It is also for professionals who are planning to start working within a tool supported software testing environment in the future, or are working within companies that plan to do so.
Provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide a test automation project. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance.
Methods described are generally applicable across variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g., agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (e.g., embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
To take the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate candidates must hold the ISEB ISTQB Foundation certificate. If you do not plan to take the certificate, you can participate on the training even without previous certificates as long as you have at least the Foundation level knowledge on testing.
Contents of ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer
This course addresses the official ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus - Test Automation Engineer.
The course includes exercises and practice exams to highlight key aspects of the syllabus and to help participants understand and practice the concepts and methods presented.
Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
- Purpose of Test Automation
- Success Factors in Test Automation
Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA Design
- TAS Development
Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance
Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Identify Steps Needed to Implement Automation within Regression Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
ISTQB Test Automation Engineer Certificate Examination
This course provides the knowledge and skills to take the 90 minutes multiple choice ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate exam. Exam can be arranged separately after the course.
NOTE! Examination costs are not included in the course price. An additional 290 € + vat will be charged for attending the certification examination.
This training is run by an officially accredited trainer using an officially accredited training material. The training material and test are in English. The training course is run in English or in Finnish.
This ISTQB accredited training is presented by Knowit Solutions Oy.
Course days begin at 9.00 and end around 16.30 - 17.00.