ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer
The ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate Course is a three-day course developing the skills of a test automation engineer (TAE) in designing, developing, and maintaining test automation solutions. The course prepares you to take ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer Certificate exam.
This course addresses the official ISTQB Advanced Level Syllabus - Test Automation Engineer.
The course includes exercises and practice exams to highlight key aspects of the syllabus and to help participants understand and practice the concepts and methods presented.
Objectives of Test Automation Training Course
Provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to guide a test automation project. The course focuses on the concepts, methods, tools, and processes for automating dynamic functional tests and the relationship of those tests to test management, configuration management, defect management, software development processes and quality assurance.
Methods described are generally applicable across variety of software lifecycle approaches (e.g., agile, sequential, incremental, iterative), types of software systems (e.g., embedded, distributed, mobile) and test types (functional and non-functional testing).
Content of ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation training
Introduction and Objectives for Test Automation
- Purpose of Test Automation
- Success Factors in Test Automation
Preparing for Test Automation
- SUT Factors Influencing Test Automation
- Tool Evaluation and Selection
- Design for Testability and Automation
The Generic Test Automation Architecture
- Introduction to gTAA
- TAA Design
- TAS Development
Deployment Risks and Contingencies
- Selection of Test Automation Approach and Planning of Deployment/Rollout
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies
- Test Automation Maintenance
Test Automation Reporting and Metrics
- Selection of TAS Metrics
- Implementation of Measurement
- Logging of the TAS and the SUT
- Test Automation Reporting
Transitioning Manual Testing to an Automated Environment
- Criteria for Automation
- Identify Steps Needed to Implement Automation within Regression Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation within New Feature Testing
- Factors to Consider when Implementing Automation of Confirmation Testing
Verifying the TAS
- Verifying Automated Test Environment Components
- Verifying the Automated Test Suite
- Options for Improving Test Automation
- Planning the Implementation of Test Automation Improvement
ISTQB Test Automation Engineer Certificate Examination
- This course provides the knowledge and skills to take the 90 minutes multiple choice ISTQB Advanced Test Automation Engineer Certificate exam. The (optional) ISTQB certification test is organized around two weeks after the training. The exact time of the test is agreed separately with the participants.
- Examination costs are not included in the course price. An additional 265 € + vat will be charged for attending the certification examination.
- Please mention in the "additional information" field of the enrollment form if you want to participate in the certification test.
Schedule of ISTQB Test Automation Engineer Certificate training
The training days are 9.00 am - 5.00 pm, morning coffee available from 8.30 am.
Please register on our training partner Tieturi's site by clicking the Ilmoittaudu button.