ISTQB Adv./ Security Tester Certificate eLearning Course by Planit and K
Develop a truly niche skillset in security testing and gain recognition as an advanced security testing professional.
- Plan, perform and evaluate security tests from a variety of perspectives.
- Evaluate an existing security test suite and identify any additional security tests needed.
- Analyse a given set of security policies and procedures, along with security test results, to determine effectiveness.
- For a given project scenario, identify security test objectives based on functionality, technology attributes and known vulnerabilities.
- Analyse a given situation and determine which security testing approaches are most likely to succeed in that situation.
- Identify areas where additional or enhanced security testing may be needed.
- Evaluate effectiveness of security mechanisms.
- Help the organisation build information security awareness.
- Demonstrate the attacker mentality by discovering key information about a target, performing actions on a test application in a protected environment that a malicious person would perform, and understand how evidence of the attack could be deleted.
- Analyse a given interim security test status report to determine the level of accuracy, understandability, and stakeholder appropriateness.
- Analyse and document security test needs to be addressed by one or more tools.
Concepts and Terminology
- Acceptance Testing
- Application Lifecycle Model
- Asset Identification
- Attack Scenarios
- Component Integration Testing
- Component Level
- Computer System Attacks
- Concepts and Terminology
- Data Gathering Mechanisms
- Data Obfuscation Approaches
- Human Behaviour
- Intrusion Detection Tools
- Malware Scanning Tools
- Network zones
- Open Source Tools
- Risk Assessment
- Security Audit
- Security Awareness
- Security Standards
- Security Test Evaluation
- Security Test Execution
- Security Test Maintenance
- Security Test Planning Objectives
- Security Test Reporting
- Security Testing Practices
- Security Testing Tools
- Social Engineering
- Software Lifecycle
- System Hardening
- System Testing
- Test Design
- Test Environment
Our online package allows for self-paced learning and the flexibility to study within your own schedule for 6 months, starting within 48 hours (in business days) from your order.
Planit Virtual Academy works best on the following browsers:
- MS Internet Explorer 10, 11
- MS Edge
- Mozilla Firefox version 45 Extended Support Release (ESR)
- Google Chrome 54
- Safari OS X
- Mobile Browser Android >4 and iOS >9
€600+VAT excluding certificate exam
The 120 minute exam is conducted online and consists of 45 multiple choice questions, with a grade of 65% required to pass. Participants that take the exam not in their spoken language will receive an additional 25% time for a total of 150 minutes.
We recommend that you take the certificate exam after the course, and book and pay your own exam either in paper-based format from http://www.fistb.fi/en/certifications/exam-calendar or in e-exam format from test center at Sovelto https://www.sovelto.fi/en/tietoa-kursseista/sertifioinnit/
- The Basis of Security Testing
- Security Testing Purposes, Goals and Strategies
- Security Testing Processes
- Security Testing Throughout the Software Lifecycle
- Testing Security Mechanisms
- Human Factors in Security Testing
- Security Test Evaluation and Reporting
- Security Testing Tools
- Standards and Industry Trends