DevOps Product Owner (DASA) Training & Certification
The DASA DevOps Product Owner Certification extends traditional Agile Product Owner programs and deals with the extended set of requirements that the Product Owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities. The program covers the traditional Agile and Scrum concepts and capabilities but in context of DevOps.
Typically Product Owner Certifications have a strong focus on Agile and Scrum and the software development lifecycle. When software development teams started working with the Scrum model, the Product Owner role became an important and influential role in a development team. With DevOps, the scope is expanding, and Ops becomes part of the scope. The DevOps Product Owner is now in charge of not just developing new features, but also for incidents that come in and regular operations work that needs to be performed. The number of stakeholders is expanding, and product lifecycle management becomes more important.
Objectives of DevOps Product Owner course
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Agile and Scrum.
- Understand the Scrum framework including roles, events, the importance of backlog and the definition of done.
- Understand the role of Product Owner.
- Discuss the role and characteristics of the DevOps team.
- Explain the main competencies of the Product Owner.
- Describe what a Product Owner does in practice.
- Explain the Product Owner’s work.
- Discuss the importance of delivering value.
- Identify the Product Vision techniques.
- Discuss how to engage and influence stakeholders to maximize value.
- Outline various Agile estimation techniques used by Product Owners.
- Explain the role of Product Owner in managing Product Backlog.
- Address few challenging situations of a Product Owner.
Content of DASA Product Owner training
Context of the Product Owner
- Product Owner
- Agile Introduction
- Scrum Overview
- Relationship Between Agile, Lean, and DevOps
The Role of the Product Owner
- Role of the Product Owner
- Competencies of the Product Owner
- Product Owner in Practice
Agile Planning and Estimation
- Value of the Product
- Envisioning the Product
- Decomposing the Vision
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Influencing Stakeholders
- Estimating Work
- Monitoring Progress
- Scaling Delivery
- Challenging Situations for a Product Owner
About the DevOps Product Owner Certification Exam
The exam takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-cam or live exam and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 65%. The price of the certification exam 240 € + vat. will be added to the course fee. You can download DASA DevOps Product Owner mock exam here.
Timetable for DevOps Product Owner training
Training days begin at 9:00 and end at 17:00, morning coffee available from 8:30 am onwards.
About DASA (DevOps Agile Skills Association)
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is a non-profit organization that provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula. For more information go to: www.devopsagileskills.org
This training is organized in affiliation with Tieturi - please register on Tieturi site by clicking Ilmoittaudu.