DevOps Fundamentals (DASA) Training & Certification
This course is designed to provide you with the background knowledge you need to understand the principles and practices of DevOps. More importantly, this course is designed to inspire you to serve as a change champion who leads and mentors others by sharing and using what you’ve learned – and continue to learn – about DevOps.
DevOps is the future of IT today! This course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and, of course, automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. To maximize the IT value flow to customers, DevOps creates an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster for the benefit of the business. Higher customer satisfaction, better quality, faster delivery and lower costs are all benefits of DevOps.
Objectives of this DevOps training course
Professionals will increase their value within the organization and on the IT market with this certificate. After successfully completing the course, they will have an understanding of DevOps and be able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery
- Describe the Service Delivery process
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies
- Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
This Dev Ops course helps professionals understand:
- Why organizations need to adopt DevOps practices from both the business and IT perspectives
- How to answer the question ‘What is DevOps?’
- DevOps values and principles
- How DevOps interfaces with other frameworks such as Agile, Lean and ITSM
- The characteristics of a DevOps culture
- DevOps organizational considerations including DevOps roles, teams and organizational structures
- Key DevOps practices
- Common DevOps automation practices and tools categories
- How to adopt a DevOps culture.
About the DevOps Certification Exam
The examination takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-based exam and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 65%. Participants are permitted to use scratch paper.
The price of the certification exam 240 € + vat. will be added to the course fee.
You can download DASA DevOps Fundamentals mock exam here.
Timetable for DevOps training
Training days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:00, morning coffee available from 8:30 am onwards.
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is a non-profit organization that provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula. For more information go to: www.devopsagileskills.org
Please register on our training partner Tieturi's site by clicking the Ilmoittaudu-link.