DASA DevOps Product Owner
Learn to understand the importance of a Product Owner in a DevOps project!
In a DevOps environment, the Product Owner is a critical leadership role and responsible for managing the full lifecycle of a product from concept to grave. The DASA DevOps Product Owner program expands on traditional agile product owner programs and deals with the ex-tended set of requirements that a product owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities. The program covers traditional Agile and Scrum concepts and capa-bilities in the context of DevOps. As a result, this training course is ideal for new and aspiring product owners and exciting for experienced product owners who are keen to understand how their role is evolving as a result of DevOps.
Existing product owners without certification, business and project managers, business infor-mation managers, operations managers and enterprise architects.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Agile and Scrum
- Understand the Scrum framework including roles, events, the importance of backlog and the definition of done
- Understand the role of Product Owner
- Discuss the role and characteristics of the DevOps team
- Explain the main competencies of Product Owner
- Describe what a Product Owner does in practice and explain the Product Owner’s work
- Discuss the importance of delivering value
- Identify the Product Vision techniques
- Discuss how to engage and influence stakeholders to maximize value
- Outline various Agile estimation techniques used by Product Owners
- Explain the role of Product Owner in managing Product Backlog
- Discuss few challenging situations of a Product Owner
Content of DASA DevOps Professional - Enable and Scale training:
Context of the Product Owner
- Product Owner
- Agile Introduction
- Scrum Overview
- Relationship Between Agile, Lean, and DevOps
The Role of the Product Owner
- Role of the Product Owner
- Competencies of the Product Owner
- Product Owner in Practice
- Envisioning the Product
Value of the Product
- Envisioning the Product
- Decomposing the Vision
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Influencing Stakeholders
- Estimating Work
- Monitoring Progress
- Scaling Delivery
- Challenging Situations for a Product Owner
This training course prepares you for DASA DevOps Product Owner certification exam.The examination takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-based exam and consists of 12 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 60% (36 points to be scored out of 60).
We recommend you to take the certification exam in about 1 week after the training. The exam is remotely proctored, meaning that you can take the test anywhere: only an internet connection and a quiet place is needed.
The course price includes the material license and exam fee.
About DASA (DevOps Agile Skills Association)
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is a non-profit organization that provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula. For more information go to: www.devopsagileskills.org
This training is organized in affiliation with Knowit Solutions Oy and Quint Education Solutions. Training material and test is in English, training is run in Finnish or in English - see info in the schedule.
Training days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:30 - 17:00.
The participation will be invoiced as soon as the course has been confirmed. If the participation is cancelled after the course confirmation but at least three weeks before the course date, 50% of the course price will be charged. For cancellations after that, 100 % of the course price will be charged. Also, no-shows will cause a 100 % charge.