DASA DevOps Fundamentals 3.0 by Knowit and Tieturi
DevOps training is the starting point for an organization going on the DevOps journey. Improved workflows and faster deployment starts with.
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals 3.0 course enables organizations, teams, and individuals to build their capabilities in DevOps. This 2-day course provides a comprehensive introduction to the Agile DevOps principles and approach defined by DASA. DevOps Fundamentals 3.0 encompasses the latest thinking and best practices in DevOps transformation, including current technology trends and successful case studies. It is a capability-building block for organizations looking to transform themselves, preparing them for the DevOps mindset, which encompasses people, processes, and culture.
This course covers the foundational skills and knowledge required for a DevOps transformation journey, starting from the basics of DevOps, origin, and evolution to the current best practices in management, processes, and technology. The course aligns the vocabulary and concepts of DevOps across all employees and emphasizes the cultural aspects, recognizing that technology is just one part of the transformation journey.
DevOps Fundamentals 3.0 focuses on building a common frame of reference around philosophy, culture, and people dimensions critical to a successful DevOps transformation. For any IT organization undergoing transformation, DevOps Fundamentals 3.0 provides overarching guidance with links to many other guidance products from DASA supporting individual roles and the organization in multiple ways for building capabilities.
- Introducing DASA DevOps Fundamentals
- Building DevOps Context
- DASA Guidance
- Exam Preparation
After having completed the DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification, participants will be able to:
- Participate successfully in DevOps transformation within their organization by sharing a common understanding and vocabulary required for DevOps ways of working
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- Explain the importance of flow, feedback, and continuous experimentation and learning in guiding DevOps practices within an organization.
- Explain the core elements of a DevOps culture and its importance.
- Discuss ways in which organizations and teams can embrace a DevOps culture.
- Explain the importance of automation to improve the production cycle for higher value and quality.
- Discuss ways to implement automation within a product lifecycle.
- Identify how Cloud and Delivery pipeline automation optimizes and accelerates the ways of working.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps transformation.
- Get insight into the various organizational DevOps models and architectures.
- Explain the importance of building a culture and safe environment for information sharing to enable successful collaboration.
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification adds value to individuals involved in IT development, operations, or service management. Its target audience includes but is not limited to
Development & Operations:
- Software Developers, Engineers and Architects
- Quality Engineers and Testers
- System and Network Engineers and Administrators
- Automation Architects
- Dev, Sec & Ops Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- Incident and Change Managers
- Integration Specialists
- Product Owners
- Business Analysts
- Business Managers
- Operations Managers
- Product Managers
- Team Leads
- Scrum Masters
- Agile Coaches
- Senior Management and C-Suite
- Support Engineers
- Service Managers
- Business users who are working with IT in getting business value created
Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial.
About the DevOps Certification Exam
This training course prepares you for DevOps Fundamentals certification exam.
The examination takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-based exam and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 65%. Participants are permitted to use scratch paper. Note! The price of certification 240 € + vat. will be added to the course fee. We recommend you to take the certification exam in about 1 week after the training. The exam is remotely proctored, meaning that you can take the test anywhere: only an internet connection and a quiet place is needed.
About DASA (DevOps Agile Skills Association)
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is a non-profit organization that provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula. For more information go to: www.devopsagileskills.org
This training is organized in affiliation with Knowit Solutions Oy and DevOps Agile Skills Association. Training material and test is in English, training is run in Finnish or in English.
Training days begin at 9:00 and end at around 16:00.
This course is arranged in collaboration with Tieturi.