Company specific: ISTQB Advanced/Test Manager
Get a deeper knowledge of Test Management and get certified!
ISTQB Advanced Level Certificate in Software Testing is an international advanced level certification in software testing, and it follows on the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing -certification. The certification is controlled by the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB),
This 5-day ISTQB Advanced Level Certificate –course will deepen the knowledge already gained during the ISTQB Foundation Level Certification. The aim is to give the participants knowledge and practical tools that they can use and apply in planning test conditions and test cases for a variety of software types within any type of software application
The Advanced Level Test Manager certification is aimed at people who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in test management.
Contents of the course
- Test Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Test Analysis
- Test Design
- Test Implementation
- Test Execution
- Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
- Test Closure Activities
- Test Management in Context
- Risk-Based Testing and Other Approaches for Test Prioritization and Effort Allocation
- Test Documentation and Other Work Products
- Test Estimation
- Defining and Using Test Metrics
- Business Value of Testing
- Distributed, Outsourced, and Insourced Testing
- Managing the Application of Industry Standards
- Management Reviews and Audits
- Managing Reviews
- Metrics for Reviews
- Managing Formal Reviews
- The Defect Lifecycle and the Software Development Lifecycle i
- Defect Report Information
- Assessing Process Capability with Defect Report Information
Improving the Test Process
- Test Improvement Process
- Improving the Testing Process with:
- TPI Next
Test Tools and Automation
- Tool Selection
- Tool Lifecycle
- Tool Metrics
People Skills – Team Composition
- Individual Skills
- Test Team Dynamics
- Fitting Testing Within an Organization
This training prepares you for the ISTQB Advanced/Test Manager examination. The exam is a 180-minute multiple-choice, closed-book exam. Those who are taking the exam in other than their native language, are allowed 25 % (45 minutes) extra time.
The ISTQB Advanced Level certification test is organized around two weeks after the training, the specific time is agreed with the training participants. It is also possible to take the exam online.
To take the ISTQB Advanced/Test Manager Certification exam, candidates must hold the ISTQB Foundation certificate . As the course material and the certification exam are in English, the participants are expected to have good command of English language.
As the course is five days long, it is usually arranged in two parts, 3 + 2 days, on consecutive weeks. Other arrangements are also possible.
Pricing starts at 2500€/day, excl. material license and exam fees, and depends on the number of participants and other course details.
To discuss the arranging of a course for your organisation, please contact:
Kari Kakkonen, Lead Consultant & Director, Training and Competences, Knowit Solutions Oy
Mob: +358 40 5239004