Company-Specific: DASA DevOps Professional – Enable and Scale
The course will help you understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps.
The DASA DevOps Professional – Enable and Scale certification is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice. With the help of DevOps theory, pragmatic examples and exercises, and interactive group discussions, the course will help you understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps.
Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT Service Management. Individuals whose role are affected by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as:
- DevOps engineers
- Product owners
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- Incident and change managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Business managers
- Automation architects
- Enterprise architects
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of DevOps culture and the aspects that can influence it.
- Explain why courage, team building, leadership, and continuous improvement are required in a DevOps environment.
- Explain why courage is essential to enable trust, honesty, and experimentation.
- Identify and evaluate different types of behavior in a DevOps environment.
- Recognize the signals indicating impediments and/or team dysfunctions.
- Describe how to form good DevOps teams.
- List the effects of happiness and motivation on team performance.
- Assess the maturity of DevOps teams.
- Identify how leaders encourage feedback and transparency.
- Discuss the factors that leaders can influence to build trust.
- Explain how and why leaders promote a "Safe to fail" environment.
- Analyze value streams to improve throughput and flow.
- Facilitate the tools for continuous improvement: structured problem-solving workshops, Story Mapping sessions, and retrospectives.
In order to take the Professional exam, the candidates must hold the DevOps Fundamentals certificate.
Contents of the training:
- Design Teams
- Build Teams
- Build Culture
- Create Purpose
- Be a Servant Leader
- Focus on Success
- Build Courage
- Think Different
Value – Customer Centric Action
- Aspects of Value and Managing Expectations
- Value and Prioritization
- Build Flow
- Continuous Improvement Tools
This training course prepares you for DASA DevOps Professional certification exam.The examination takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-based exam and consists of 12 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 60% (36 points to be scored out of 60).
We recommend you to take the certification exam in about 1 week after the training. The exam is remotely proctored, meaning that you can take the test anywhere: only an internet connection and a quiet place is needed.
About DASA (DevOps Agile Skills Association)
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is a non-profit organization that provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula. For more information go to: www.devopsagileskills.org
This is a 2-day course. Course days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:00 - 16:30.
Training material and test is in English, training can be delivered in Finnish or in English.
To discuss the arranging of a course for your organization, please contact:
Kari Kakkonen, Director of training, Knowit Solutions Oy
Mob: +358 40 5239004
Pricing starting from 2500€/day excl. material license and exam fees.