Company-specific: DASA DevOps Product Owner
Learn to understand the importance of a Product Owner in a DevOps project!
In a DevOps environment, the Product Owner is a critical leadership role and responsible for managing the full lifecycle of a product from concept to grave. The DASA DevOps Product Owner program expands on traditional agile product owner programs and deals with the ex-tended set of requirements that a product owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities. The program covers traditional Agile and Scrum concepts and capa-bilities in the context of DevOps. As a result, this training course is ideal for new and aspiring product owners and exciting for experienced product owners who are keen to understand how their role is evolving as a result of DevOps.
Existing product owners without certification, business and project managers, business infor-mation managers, operations managers and enterprise architects.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Agile and Scrum
- Understand the Scrum framework including roles, events, the importance of backlog and the definition of done
- Understand the role of Product Owner
- Discuss the role and characteristics of the DevOps team
- Explain the main competencies of Product Owner
- Describe what a Product Owner does in practice and explain the Product Owner’s work
- Discuss the importance of delivering value
- Identify the Product Vision techniques
- Discuss how to engage and influence stakeholders to maximize value
- Outline various Agile estimation techniques used by Product Owners
- Explain the role of Product Owner in managing Product Backlog
- Discuss few challenging situations of a Product Owner
Content of DASA DevOps Professional - Enable and Scale training:
Context of the Product Owner
- Product Owner
- Agile Introduction
- Scrum Overview
- Relationship Between Agile, Lean, and DevOps
The Role of the Product Owner
- Role of the Product Owner
- Competencies of the Product Owner
- Product Owner in Practice
Envisioning the Product
- Value of the Product
- Envisioning the Product
- Decomposing the Vision
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Influencing Stakeholders
- Estimating Work
- Monitoring Progress
- Scaling Delivery
- Challenging Situations for a Product Owner
This training course prepares you for DASA DevOps Product Owner certification exam.The examination takes 60 minutes with non-native speakers of English being permitted an additional 15 minutes. It is a closed-book, web-based exam and consists of 12 multiple-choice questions. The passing grade is 60% (36 points to be scored out of 60).
We recommend you to take the certification exam in about 1 week after the training. The exam is remotely proctored, meaning that you can take the test anywhere: only an internet connection and a quiet place is needed.
About DASA (DevOps Agile Skills Association)
DevOps Agile Skills Association (DASA) is a non-profit organization that provides an open, global community for DevOps and Agile skills development. It is organized as a community-driven platform open to participating member organizations to help define role-based competencies and learning curricula. For more information go to: www.devopsagileskills.org
This is a 2-day course. Training days begin at 9:00 and end at 16:00 - 16:30.
Training material and test are in English, training can be delivered in Finnish or in English.
To discuss the arranging of a course for your organization, please contact:
Kari Kakkonen, Director of training, Knowit Solutions Oy
Mob: +358 40 5239004
Pricing starting from 2500€