ISTQB Agile Tester Certificate
Whether you know about agile development already or not, this course is a must for you to learn the specifics of agile testing. Scrum doesn’t mention much about testing, but still the testing in an agile project must keep up the pace. So come and learn agile testing!
Knowit can offer several seats for its customers in a training, which has mostly Knowit consultants as participants. Welcome to learn about agile testing and get to know Knowit people at the same time.
The trainer is Knowit’s Kari Kakkonen, who co-authored the recently released book based on this certificate called”Agile Testing Foundations”. Each participant will receive their own copy of the book.
The ISTQB Agile Tester is an international qualification in software testing coordinated by the International Software Quality Testing Board (ISTQB) and organized in Finland by the Finnish Software Testing Board (FiSTB). The Foundation Extension – Agile Tester Certificate is awarded to those who pass a written one-hour multiple-choice exam. You can take the exam after the course on a separate date (see agenda) for an additional 150€+VAT.
After completing the course you can handle the basic terminology of agile testing and are familiar with methods and techniques in agile projects. You know different agile testing tools and are aware of what testing tools can achieve. You know where to find more information about agile testing. Passing the ISTQB Foundation Extension –Agile Tester exam will give you a certificate of your testing knowledge. Course is delivered with Knowit’s or Grove Consultants’ English material and presented either in Finnish or English. The certification exam is in English.
Knowit Oy is an ISTQB/ISEB-trainer acknowledged by the FiSTB, which is a member of Tivia. Grove Consultants is acknowledged ISTQB/ISEB-trainer by British Computer Society (BCS/ISEB).
The participants must hold the ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
The course is intended for IT professionals involved in Software Testing in agile projects and who would like to gain an internationally accepted qualification in Agile Software Testing. A good knowledge of English is required from the participants. This course is an extension to ISTQB Foundation course.
Note! If all participants speak Finnish, the course will be held in Finnish.
Day 1 – 28.12.2017
Agile Software Development
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- Aspects of Agile Approaches
- Exercise: User story writing and review
Fundamental Agile Testing Principles, Practices and Processes
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Status of Testing in Agile Projects
- Role and Skills of a Tester in an Agile Team
- Exercise: Roles and skills needed in Agile Team
Agile Testing Methods, Techniques and Tools
- Agile Testing Methods: agile testing quadrants
- Exercise: Tester role in Scrum team
Day 2 – 29.12.2017
Agile Testing Methods, Techniques and Tools Continues
- Agile Testing Methods: ATDD, BDD
- Assessing Quality Risks and Estimating Test Effort
- Exercise: Products risks
- Exercise: Estimation
- Techniques in Agile Projects
- Exercise: Relevant information to support testing activities
- Exercise: Test cases based on a user story
- Exercise: Exploratory testing
- Tools in Agile Projects
Certification Exam Day - 2.1.2017
- The certification exam is held 2.1.2018 at 3p.m.