DASA DevOps Practitioner
DevOps is the future of IT today! This 2-day course builds upon the DevOps fundamentals. The key focus of DevOps Practitioner is on the four skill areas that have been defined by DASA and are required for successful DevOps results.
The course helps you know why the four skills: courage, teambuilding, leadership, and continuous improvement, are the necessary skills for a DevOps environment. DevOps Practitioner is designed to provide the core education necessary to put DevOps into practice. With the help of DevOps theory, pragmatic examples and exercises, and interactive group discussions and role plays, the course will help you understand how to apply the necessary skills to practice DevOps.
Target group: Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT Service Management. Individuals whose role are affected by DevOps and continuous delivery.
Prerequisites: In order to take the Practitioner exam, the candidates must hold the DevOps Fundamentals certificate. The Practioner exam is included to the price.
Note! Last day to register is 2.5.2019.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of DevOps culture and the aspects that can influence it.
- Explain why courage, teambuilding, leadership, and continuous improvement are required in a DevOps environment.
- Explain why courage is essential to enable trust, honesty, and experimentation.
- Identify and evaluate different types of behavior in a DevOps environment.
- Recognize the signals indicating impediments and/or team dysfunctions.
- Describe how to form good DevOps teams and assess their maturity.
- List the effects of happiness and motivation on team performance.
- Identify how leaders encourage feedback and transparency.
- Discuss the factors that leaders can influence to build trust.
- Explain how and why leaders promote a “Safe to fail” environment.
- Analyze value streams to improve throughput and flow.
- Facilitate the tools for continuous improvement: structured problem-solving workshops, Story Mapping sessions, and retrospectives.
- Design Teams
- Build Teams
- Build Culture
- Create Purpose
- Be a Servant Leader
- Focus on Success
- Build Courage
- Think Different
Value – Customer Centric Action
- Different Aspects of Value
- Stakeholder Management
- Combining the Lean Startup and DevOps
- The Power of Story Mapping
- Build Flow
- Types of Continuous Improvement
- Continuous Improvement Tools