DASA DevOps Product Owner @ Knowit
In a DevOps environment, the Product Owner is a critical leadership role and responsible for managing the full lifecycle of a product from concept to grave.
Owner program expands on traditional agile product owner programs and deals with the extended set of requirements that a product owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities. The program covers traditional Agile and Scrum concepts and capabilities in the context of DevOps. As a result, this training course is ideal for new and aspiring product owners and exciting for experienced product owners who are keen to understand how their role is evolving as a result of DevOps.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of Agile and Scrum
- Understand the Scrum framework including roles, events, the importance of backlog and the definition of done
- Understand the role of Product Owner
- Discuss the role and characteristics of the DevOps team
- Explain the main competencies of Product Owner
- Describe what a Product Owner does in practice and explain the Product Owner’s work
- Discuss the importance of delivering value
- Identify the Product Vision techniques
- Discuss how to engage and influence stakeholders to maximize value
- Outline various Agile estimation techniques used by Product Owners
- Explain the role of Product Owner in managing Product Backlog
- Discuss a few challenging situations of a Product Owner
Existing product owners without certification, business and project managers, business information managers, operations managers and enterprise architects.
Basic familiarity with DevOps, Agile, and Scrum is beneficial.
Context of the Product Owner
- Product Owner
- Agile Introduction
- Scrum Overview
- Relationship Between Agile, Lean, and DevOps
The Role of the Product Owner
- Role of the Product Owner
- Competencies of the Product Owner
- Product Owner in Practice
Agile Planning and Estimation
- Value of the Product
- Envisioning the Product
- Decomposing the Vision
- Engaging Stakeholders
- Influencing Stakeholders
- Estimating Work
- Monitoring Progress
- Scaling Delivery
- Challenging Situations for a Product Owner
- A 1 hour certification exam is held on a separate day
- The exam for the 22.-23.5.2019 course is on 24.5.2019 at 9 a.m.