Senior Back-end Developer (PHP, WordPress)
Grow. Make a difference. Together.
We design, develop and maintain sustainable digital customer experiences and walk beside our clients on the journey of their digital transformations.
We are currently looking for Senior Back-end Developer to join our developer community at Knowit Experience and strengthen our teams.
Knowit Experience consists of a tight-knit group of over 50 experts, and we specialize in creating high-quality and impactful digital experiences that cater to business needs. We take pride in our role in creating digital experiences, and our work can be seen on websites and web services we have done for our clients such as EQ, Technopolis, Alma Talent, WWF, Events Helsinki, and Porvoo.fi. More of us and our reference cases can be found here
What kind of developer and technical competence we are looking for?
Our core expertise lies in designing and developing top-notch web services that create excellent customer experiences - and we do this using modern and best practices. This means that you will have the opportunity to work with highly skilled developers and designers, using the latest and regularly updated technologies. We hope that you have a built-in desire to develop and improve yourself, as this is also a significant factor that unites our team.
In our project teams, tasks are diverse, and you do not need to be a master of everything, but if your skill set includes some or few of the following areas, you may be the new colleague we are looking for.
- PHP & Laravel
- Integrations on top of WordPress and Laravel architectures
- Back-end development for headless architecture
- The technical specification work of the project as well as technical leading are your cups of tea
- You like to mentor your team members
- You understand DevOps practices and tools
- Fluent communication skills in English, Finnish is a plus
Career wise this could be your opportunity in case you have already holistic hands-on experience and understanding of developing high-quality web service projects.
Other buzzwords related to the role and team: Jamstack, Headless CMS, Git, REST, GraphQL, accessibility, Scrum, Serverless, React, Node.js
What we offer for you?
At Knowit we appreciate versatile and so called generalist expertise from technical point of view, but also deeper expertise from some specific competence area.
To ensure that this is not just a one-sided wish list, we want you to have the opportunity to influence your role and take as much responsibility in client projects as you want. We want you to have opportunity to drive your competence development supported by us, whether it will be about newest specific technologies or a longer path in specializing as an expert of your field.
You are most welcomed to join our team as yourself, as a complete person. For us, an easy-going and professional work environment is an absolute value, and your team member is always just one slack message away.
These are the things we promise you:
- 100% remote work in Finland. Our offices in Kamppi, Tampere, and Turku (Oulu 100% remote) are always open if you want to meet your colleagues F2F, but you still get to decide where in Finland you work from.
- A team that supports your professional growth. Our teams consist of experts ranging from senior architects to recent graduates and future stars, making it easy for you to to develop yourself and share knowledge
- Large-scale projects for well-known Finnish companies in the field of digital service experiences, which will look great on your CV and challenge you.
- Extensive personnel benefits such as work equipment according to your preferences, mobile benefit, lunch benefit, commute benefit, recreational benefit, extensive occupational health care, health insurance, bike benefit, recruitment and sales lead bonuses, remote work abroad for short terms
- Culture that cherishes work and life balance
We will provide you with trust and responsibility and ensure that you have opportunities to make the very best out of your time with us.
In case you recognized that joining our team of Makers could be the kind of opportunity you'd enjoy, let us hear about you more by sending an application!
If you come up with any questions or want to have a quick chat before making any further decisions, just reach out for Talent Acquisition Partner Topias Niinivaara, whose contact information can be found on our career site!