Cloud Architect / Specialist (AWS)
Grow. Make a difference. Together.
We help our clients to understand why cloud services will support their growth and how to begin their sustainable cloud journey. Our strong AWS cloud expertise, together with our highest-level partnership with AWS, enables us to act as a long-term and trusted partner for our clients, accelerating their cloud journey in a secure, efficient and cost-optimised way.
Now we want to strengthen our AWS cloud professionals team and invite you to join Makers of sustainable future! Sustainability is one of our key principles and for example, we are the first in the Nordic market in providing a sustainability-driven cloud offering and have partnered with the Exponential Roadmap Initiative and joined Race to Zero.
As an Architect or Specialist, you will build, implement, maintain and develop further new and sustainable cloud services for a wide range of different kind of clients. Our clientele includes significant organizations such as S Group, Paulig, Varma and Valmet (case study example).
How is this role like - what are the pros?
As an AWS professional at Knowit; you will have all the chances to utilize your capabilities and skills with modern and the newest AWS technologies, try new things and choose your path to develop professional skills to the wanted direction. Cloud platforms develop rapidly and we want to ensure that you are able to keep your skills up to date thus our Specialists and Architects are able to utilize substantial part of their working time for competence development. Cloud certifications are paid by Knowit.
Building service entities based on AWS cloud architectures takes shape from definition to design, and all the way to development and deployment. You'll be a part of client team(s) surrounded by other skilled AWS experts working together in the core of both technology and our clients' business. Your possible future colleague Jimi wanted to share his thoughts below
What are the options, nuances and requirements in this role?
As an AWS Architect / Specialist, you are able to communicate fluently with people in different roles in both Finnish and English and have an inherent interest in grasping the technical side of AWS as well. All our AWS professionals' common thing is that they can execute "hands-on" technical work when needed.
There are different priorities, in which your core skills may be and we are curious and open to learn your unique path towards AWS. Below aspects and directions of your interest can guide and define your role as an AWS Architect / Specialist in our team:
- Several years of experience in the traditional IT-infrastructure and also experience in building the AWS cloud services. This means you are interested in planning and designing architectures and/or being the strong builder and executioner of these architectures. Infrastructure as a code (IaC) is our process of choice.
DevOps mindset; You understand modern ways of setting things up with native tools and code, and you find ways to automate (from infrastructure to business logic).
- Code aspect; application development on top of AWS platform. You can understand the code and speak the same language as the software developers, but in case needed, able to do the implementations yourself.
What do we offer for you?
- Extensive benefits (phone, lunch, recreational, commuting and bike), substantial health insurance (inc. leisure time) and phone of your choice (max. 1200 euros inc. optional equipment)
- Time and materials for competence development and paid certifications
- Possibility to choose your Way of working. You can either work from our modern and central office in Tampere, or remotely from home or hybrid. We offer ergonomic and modern equipment according to your Way of working model.
- Nice and helpful colleagues and healthy balance between work and private time.
If you have any questions about the role, please reach out to Talent Acquisition Partner Sofia Hirvonen, name.surname(at)knowit.fi / 040 530 5860.